Born on April 18 avril 1957, he was already a driver.
He began first with a Cooking school but not far from a Track as he studied in Spa.
The 20 first years of his life at the Mont Rigi in the family restaurant, his destiny was just next to it at Francorchamps.
The track is a entire part of his life from the beginning.
However, Marc Duez is described as the most well-known multi-tasks man of Belgium in motorsport.
–middle seventies: karting with a victory at the “volant karting”
–1977: he began with Rallies
-During 29 years: he won several rallies and also in monoplace, GT and on ice. For example:
- 3 times 24h of Spa-Francorchamps victory
- 4 times 24 heures of Nürburgring victory
- 1 time 24 heures of Zolder victory
- Category winner at Daytona
- Category winner at 24h of Le Mans
Concerning Rally :
- 3 times Belgian champion
- Group N winner Rallye Monte Carlo
- Factory driver for BMW Motorsport, Toyota Team Europe, Seat Sport in World Rally Championship.
And also :
- 5 years on ice racing with several podiums
- Speed world record on 24 hours with VW (323 km/h)
- More than 100 24 hours endurance races in the world
- And so many more…
Duez is a monument in motorsport, a unique driver in the world.